I received a Master Degree in Applied Biotechnology and a PhD in Biotechnology. Since 2009 I am working as European Project Manager in the Food Research Department of Centiv GmbH.
Relevant european projects:
HighTech Europe, Network of Excellence for Food Processing, EU-FP7-KBBE(http://www.hightecheurope.eu/en/home.html)
TeRifiQ (Combining Technologies to achieve significant binary Reductions in Sodium, Fat and Sugar content in everyday foods whilst optimizing their nutritional Quality), EU-FP7(http://www.terifiq.eu/)
Optifel (Optimised food products for the elderly), EU FP7-KBBE (http://www.optifel.eu/)
GRAIL (Glycerol Biorefinery Approach for the Production of High Quality Products of Industrial Value), EU FP7-KBBE (http://www.grail-project.eu/)
Other relevant activities:
- Reviewer for the international scientific journals, Official Reviewer Profile: https://publons.com/author/452883/monica-trif#profile
- Member of CommNet network - Communicating the Bioeconomy
- Participant at EU Open Door 2014 in 'Science: it's a girl thing!', part of the 'Women in Research and Innovation' campaign
- Contributor to "White Book Agenda of European high-tech food processing" - document represents output of HighTech Europe, a Network of Excellence funded from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013)and Food Tech Innovation Portal (Food TIP)
- Member of Editorial Boards: International Journal of Climate Research, Excellent Word Journal of Chemistry, Excellent Word Journal of Agricultural Science
- Expert Independent (Evaluator, Reviewer si Raportor), European Commission, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, Brussels, Belgium: Evaluation of the proposals submitted in response to the calls for proposals Horizon 2020, issued on the basis of the work programme(s).