Daniel combines more than thirty years in Information Technology, IT governance and twenty years in management. Daniel is a very good communicator and has a strategic thinking and approach. He holds an ISO27001 Lead implementer (2011), CISM (2010), CISA (2005), CISSP (2004) and Six Sigma Black Belt (1999).
He started his own security consulting firm with a partner in 1995. He was involved in the security assignments at the strategic and tactical level. He managed the evolution of the practice and the general management of the company from 2 employees / $250k revenue towards more than 20 employees / $2M of revenue in less than 3 years. However, there was a misunderstanding between the shareholders and therefore they sold the company. He went on his own as a consultant and got many contracts in Business Continuity Planning and compliancy in companies in the retail, distribution, insurance, financial and technological industry.
After he delivered several projects mostly in security/risk management/compliancy, BPR and BCP, he joined an ING Group in 2005. Reporting to the ING ISO, the security department had to make ING Canada ISO 27001 compliant. He developed most of the required controls for SOX/ISO27001 and implemented the Risk Definition approach along with it. He built a remediation security plan for theses specific controls, while managing a team of 60+ consultants to implement the controls. Later on, he was promoted to Senior Manager of IT Security to manage up to 26 people, permanent and consultants. His mission was to stabilize all of the controls developed by Deloitte or himself. He found several problems/challenges and managed to improve and stabilize (two years in a row). He helped and coached the risk management group and validated the IT strategy, risk management and security aspects of the framework. He helped developing a KRI (Key Risk Indicators) approach and used it to present the evolution to high management. He actively participated in the annual re-evaluation of the risk management governance, security framework for ING Canada and ING Group (international level). He had to deal with the America’s CISO and the ING Group CISO. Mostly because of his work, ING Canada was evaluated by Deloitte as one of the most compliant and well-risk managed organizations in Canada.
End of 2007, after three years, he joined a Retail company as the IT Security National Manager. He also was responsible for the Informational Risk management group. He also implemented the KRI (Key Risk Indicators) approach as previously managed at ING. He was looked from management as the expert whom would bring Rona to the SOX compliancy (based on ISO27001). However, in a retail business the focus and the budgets are entirely allowed to business operations and they do not put efforts nor money in compliancy or security.
In July 2008, he went to work for a Government base company for a 9 months contract and later on, he was approached to start the Security practice at a consulting firm, a mid-sized consulting firm, which unfortunately was closed. After a management decision to only keeps the marketing division.
In July 2009, he took another contract with TD Bank as a senior consultant. It did not take long for TD bank to offer him the Compliance & Security Manager’s position. He then moved on to a Senior manager role in IT Risk Management and won multiple awards (All-star 2013 and Vision in action 2014) given to less than 1% at the bank.
Whilst working at the bank, he envisioned a new technology to be research and developed, which could revolutionize the IT Laboratory and improve their energy and space efficiency by more than 10%. He now runs the company B-Innovation, as the PDG-CEO and he is helping other company, startups and IT projects to start as part of B-Innovation Accelerator (incubator).
TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE - IT Governance/Risk Management/Compliance/Innovation
- 30+ years IT (Information Technology) experience
- 20+ years’ experience in IT Security (IT Risk Management and more)
- 15+ years’ senior-level experience shaping enterprise strategies and driving the use of emerging technologies, primarily in the finance/insurance, energy, government, high tech and manufacturing sectors
- 10+ years of experience in managing complex projects, supporting the development of IT
- Managed IT project with over 30M budget
- Drive the long-range vision for the IT group, with the primary goals being innovation, optimal performance, continuous improvement and business value
- 10+ years’ experience in compliance operations
- Direct creation/upgrading of enterprise-wide security policies from the ground up and support effective management of operations, sales, client relations, project delivery and financial reporting
- Managed on average 3 IT locations and have led/inspired +20 teams of up to 80 staff/contractors
- Cultivate executive-level partnerships within the client organization by delivering added shareholder value/ROI and streamlined business functionalities
- Certified in Six Sigma Black Belt, CISM, CISSP, CISA, and as an ISO27001 Lead implementer
- Technology Innovation: Cost Effective Management • Emerging Technologies • People Change Management • RS&DE • Business Process Reengineering
- IT Management: Application Development Best Practice • Architecture & Operations • Budget Management • Business Continuity Planning • IT Governance & Strategy • Outsourcing & Managed Services • Procurement • Project Management •IT Roadmap, Vision • Vendor Relations
- Technology Leadership: Coaching & Training • Team Building/Leadership
- Security / Risk / Compliance Management: Governance • Identity & Access Management • IT Internal Controls • IT Risk Analysis/Mitigation • IT Security Operation • Application-Solution Compliance • Intrusion Testing • IT Audit • Vulnerability Assessment