An accomplished Senior Project Manager & Consultant with significant, verifiable Business Support, project and programme expertise gained delivering roles, across multi-discipline, multi-functional projects primarily in the energy / oil & gas sector and product development sectors.
Responsible for the creation of Start-ups and SME companies, with a focus on improving designs and product enhancements through R&D projects and University collaborations.
Identified new product concepts that were successfully taken to market
Supporting technology based SME’s in product development and responsible for structuring the organisation to enable the green-energy technology to be taken to market.
With a positive, can-do attitude, I offer a resourceful, logical and considered, solutions based capability, providing a wealth of hands-on, front-line, experience that will enhance and support a broad range of companies and SMEs in their strategic plans, investment propositions and their existing commitments on programme and project delivery.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Occupation-based - Highly focused, diligent, creative thinker and solutions expert
Leadership – Fosters team involvement and creates inspiring solutions, sets direction and business focus. Leadership by example to create a collective team spirit.
Strategic Thinking – Played pivotal role in defining project concepts from inception to implementation and delivery
Results Orientated – Instils a sense of urgency and a desire to deliver key objectives with a proactive approach to stakeholder and investor expectations
Change Management –Implements solid leadership standards and core principles across multicultural teams, to bring about cultural and operational change
Communication – Influential communicator that adopts style and approach to suit a wide variety of individuals and organisations to gain commitment
Stakeholder Management – engages Stakeholders, Partners and Investors to ensure expectations are managed and are aligned with outcomes
- A solid foundation in engineering and project management, supported by success in opportunity appraisal, business case and investment decision support.
- An exceptional capability in providing appropriate, technically robust solutions with value driven engineering and project delivery.
- Commercially and contractually aware with proven success, in alignment of KPIs, delivering the target objectives and subsequent realisation of benefits
- 30+ years of experience, having directed, created and managed a range of multi-discipline and multi-national teams, with the ability to engender a positive, proactive and collective approach.
- New business development, expanding the client base and secured new engineering support contracts
- Driving force in the creation, development and management of a SME [Small to Medium Enterprise], set-up in the North East of England, formed as an Engineering Consultancy and Engineering Support provider
- MSc Project Management (with commendation)-
- MBA Level : BTEC Level 7 – Strategic Management and Leadership [ongoing]
- BEng Mechanical Engineering with Management (1st year incl. Operations Management & Management Accounting)
- HND Mechanical Engineering (with distinctions)
- Renewable Energy–OU module
- MAPM : Association for Project Management
- IEng : Engineering Council
- MIET : Institute of Engineering and Technology
- CMgr : MCMI – Chartered Management Institute
- MIC : Institute of Consulting
- MCIOB : Chartered Institute of Building
- EI : MEI - Energy Institute
- Prince2® Practitioner
- PMI - Risk Management Professional
- CITB : MAP HSE for Managers and Professionals
- CSCS Card Holder
- Internal Quality Auditor BS EN ISO 9001
- Health & Safety OHSAS / 8001 Implementation