Deadline 1st November 2019
EBN, the European Business and Innovation Centre Network, is a network of around 130 quality-certified EU|BICs (business and innovation centres) and 60 other organisations that support the development and growth of innovative entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs. Visit www.ebn.eu to know more.
EBN secretariat is composed of an international team expert in innovation support, internationalisation, project management and event management.
EBN is seeking to reinforce its team by including an English-speaking Communications Officer for its office in Brussels. The main duty of the candidate will be:
- Implementing, in close collaboration with the EBN project managers, the communication strategy and activities derived from a wide-range of EU-funded and international projects (more info available here) and
- Supporting the EBN Communication and Events Manager for the organisation of events happening in Brussels or elsewhere.
- Permanently liaise with the Project Managers on projects progress and communication requirements
- liaise with the Communication and Event Manager to ensure the overall communication strategy of EBN and its members is respected
- produce attractive information about EU-funded and international projects to be posted on website, social media, newsletter and EU-related communication channels (i.e. CORDIS)
- attend relevant partners’ meetings and calls and provide relevant input about communication activities and strategy
- liaise, when relevant, with external communication agencies for the development of graphic elements
- manage projects’ social media accounts and provide specific content to the Communication and Event Manager to be posted on EBN social media channels
- support the Project Managers in the production of deliverables related to communication activities and impact reporting (i.e. participation in events, track records about article and news posted online, social media analytics)
- video editing and minimal graphic design
- website content editing and update
- support on the organisation of events
- Follow up on the registrations and update website/page for events;
- Travel & accommodation (speakers/guests);
- Send invitation letters (speakers, VISA, etc.);
- Onsite support
- Educated to graduate level in a related field such as Communication, PR, Marketing or Journalism with three/four years relevant work experience in communication related job;
- English mother-tongue or equivalent level,
- Detail rigour and a creative approach to communications;
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills;
- Excellent knowledge of social media management;
- Good knowledge of EU-funded or international projects;
- Available and willing to undertake significant European travel;
- Proactive, innovative and problem-solving personality, used to work in a multinational environment and sometimes with tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of the startup and entrepreneurial world, as well as the innovation ecosystems;
- Experience in working in a membership-driven organisation, identifying, developing and agreeing on communication positions;
- Good knowledge of French and other languages such as German, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Spanish an asset;
- Familiar with design software and page layout skills;
Qualified candidates should submit via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- A sample of an article for website with an overview of EBN current project portfolio (max. 500 words).
Please use “Communications Officer” as the subject line of the mail.
Deadline for applications is 1st November 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1st round of interviews will be held by skype between the 5th and 16th November. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a 2nd round of interviews in EBN premises in Brussels between the 18th and 22nd of November.
Starting date of work: beginning of January 2020.
Candidatures will be treated confidentially. EBN is an equal opportunities employer.