On May 18th, EBN, Meta Group and Impact Hub successfully launched the Social Challenges Innovation Platform: whatch the event streaming here
The Social Challenges Innovation Platform is a far-reaching European online ecosystem encouraging the interaction between social innovators and SMEs for the co-development and take up of sustainable and marketable innovations with a clear social impact. Whatch this short video to get an idea of what socialchallenges.eu is all about.
The platform aims to be a social innovation marketplace, where Public Authorities, Private Companies or Third Sector Organizations can post and give visibility to social and environmental challenges they want to solve (challenge owners). At the same time, social innovators and entrepreneurs from across Europe will be invited to propose innovative solutions (solution providers).
In order to effectively ensure the necessary engagement with Challenge Owners and Solution Providers at local levels, we have opted for selecting 20 nodes that will act as local/regional enablers for the Social Challenges Innovation Platform.
SocialChallenges.eu has therefore launched a call for nodes, which is open only for Impact Hub and EBN members of the 28 European Member States.
These nodes will be characterized by the following criteria:
- Implementation capacity(track record of already existing challenge based calls launched/scouted for, campaigns, events, mentoring skills, etc)
- High potential partnerships with possible challenge owners (list of potential partners that could become challenge owners –and possible investors)
- Motivation to participate(willingness to engage)
- Geographical relevance to ensure regional diversity (nodes coming from the same region will be assessed against each other).
Method of engagement
The strategic nodes will be selected through a lean and transparent call for applications promoted inside the EBN and Impact Hub Network (10 nodes for each network)
- The applications will be judged by a consortium jury.
- Once the strategic nodes are selected we plan physical and online sessions to onboard and support the strategic nodes bring meaningful and committed challenges to the platform, promote the platform and scout for solutions.
- The strategic nodes will also benefit from an ongoing support in how to engage with challenge owners, getting references from other cities and have high quality criteria definition for the challenges.
A 10000 EUR grant will be available for each selected strategic node for carrying on local engagement activities.
Check out all details here and apply now!
Deadline for applications: 9th June 2017
For more info please contact: Chiara.Davalli@ebn.eu or email@example.com
Twitter: @sochange_eu | FB: https://www.facebook.com/sochange.eu/
Published on 24-05-2017 00:00 by
3549 page views