On Wednesday 23rd October 2019, EBN Congress in collaboration with EU projects DeFINE and CAST (Creative Accelerators for Sustainable Tourism) will host the Investment Readiness Workshop at WeGIL, Rome. This workshop is dedicated to early stage investment to encourage creative innovation in the fashion-tech and sustainable
What is involved in the workshop?
During the workshop, you will prepare your business for investment by getting into the investor’s minds and understand what they are looking for and expect from start-ups and SMEs in fashion-tech or sustainable tourism. Explore the different types of equity investment, their pros and cons that are suitable for startups in different maturity phases.
You will learn how to structure an investor pitch presentation that provides investors with necessary key information. Finally, we want you to prepare for success: what’s next when you attract investors’ attention? What about company valuations and the due diligence process?
What we offer you
- Hands-on workshop dedicated to early stage equity investment – a session presented by Media Deals with the support of EU experts in fashion tech and sustainable tourism.
- Deep insight into investor’s thought and evaluation processes to get your business investment ready.
- Effective tools and mentoring to successfully present your company in a compelling investor pitch deck.
- Free entrance to the EBN Annual Congress (23 – 25 October 2019) “Venturing forward for Innovation”: investors and corporates as new stakeholders of incubation and acceleration performances in local ecosystems – detailed programme to be announced soon,
- Access to the Welcome Cocktail allowing you the chance to network with investors, incubators, accelerators, EU|BICs and corporates.
- Access to the networking dinner for only €50 per person.
- Deadline for application: 23 September 2019
- Successful applications announced on the 25 September 2019
- Selected projects leaders will need to commit to be in Rome on 23-24 October to be accepted in the programme.
If you are a company which:
- Operates in the field of Sustainable Tourism/ Fashion Tech
- Registered in the EU28 or a COSME participating country
- Can show proof of concept and some market traction
- Can show a growth strategy and the potential to scale
- Has a committed and experienced management team
- Has a pitch deck or executive summary of a business plan
- Preferably received already a pre-seed investment (but not mandatory)
- Has a clear financing need and a company valuation of up to max. 2m Euro?
DeFINE consortium partners; Media Deals and Boras Ink will review and select successful applications based on eligibility criteria. Due to high volumes of applications, feedback will not be available.
Information about Partner Hotels of the event will be communicated to selected companies. Please note, DeFINE cannot cover your travel and accommodation costs for the programme. If your company is registered in one of the labelled European Entrepreneurial Regions, and you are ready to pitch to investors, you may wish to also apply to this call.
Back to News list