For over two years now, EBN is developing strong relationships with Chinese Science and Technology Offices, techno parks and incubators from the Province of Jiangsu, which is one of the largest Provinces of China. Wuxi (Wuxi Association of Science and Technology Parks) integrated the EBN network as Associate Member in 2012 .
In 2013 EBN organized a one-week study tour to China led by EBN’s President, Alvaro Simon de Blas, who accompanied several BICs and companies to WUXI in the Province of Jiangsu. The main aim of this study tour was to twin EBN BICs with Jiangsu Science parks and to organize face to face and technology match-making meetings. In return, EBN welcomed a delegation of WUXI to Brussels in July 2013.
This strong partnership was initiated by our Finnish member, Hermia Business Development, who has invested in a joint venture with WUXI. The mutual international cooperation between BICs and Science and Technology Parks and between SMES from EU and China has increased a lot throughout the last months, leading a delegation of key actors from the Jiangsu province to come to our 23rd EBN congress in Lleida and offering them the opportunity to network even more closely with many members of EBN. This delegation will be led by the President of JAST (Jiangsu Association of Science and Technology) accompanied by high representatives of WAST (Wuxi Association of Science and Technology Parks); as well as several incubators and techno parks.
The following Chinese organisations will attend the EBN congress:
- Guangdong Provincial Association for Science and Technology
- JAST - Jiangsu Association for Science and Technology
- Yancheng Association for Science and Technology
- Haimen Association for Science and Technology
- Haimen Economic and Technological Development Zone
- WAST - Wuxi China-Europe International Technology Transfer Center
If you want to know more on how to connect with China, join us in the following sessions:
- Workshop “Connected Internationally” - Wednesday 25 June - 15.30
- Mrs. Chen Huijuan, Chairman of Jiangsu Association for Science and Technology
- Plenary Session “Inspiring territories for young entrepreneurs initiatives” – Friday 27 June – 9.15
- Mr. Si Hang, CEO of Wuxi China-Europe International Technology Transfer Center
Back to News list