EBN Member and certified EU|BIC BIC Euronova has been included in European Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH)’s database, an initiative the European Commission launched in 2016 to increase competitiveness of the industry through digital technologies.
The Commission has recently recognised BIC Euronova’s role in creating best conditions for entrepreneurs, researchers and other innovation actors in the region to take advantage of digital opportunities.
BIC Euronova is not the only EBN Member that has been recognised as a DIH by the European Commission – Atlantpole (France), Barcelona Activa (Spain), Cap Digital (France), IMEC (Belgium), and Technoport SA (Luxembourg) are among the EBN Members that have also been recognised for their efforts in supporting digitalisation of the industry.
What are Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs)?
Digital Innovation Hubs are one-stop-shops that help companies to become more competitive regarding their business/production processes, products or services using digital technologies. They are based upon technology infrastructure (competence centre) and provide access to the latest knowledge, expertise and technology to support their customers with piloting, testing and experimenting with digital innovations.
The Commission is focusing 500M€ from Horizon 2020 budget to support the development of DIHs and link them up in a strong pan-European network of DIHs.
What are the criteria to become a DIH?
- Be part of a regional, national or European policy initiative to digitise the industry;
- Be a non-profit organisation;
- Have a physical presence in the region and present an updated website clearly explaining the DIHs’ activities and services provided related to the digital transformation of SMEs/Midcaps or industrial sectors currently insufficiently taking up digital technologies;
- Have at least 3 examples of how you have helped a company with their digital transformation, referring to publicly available information, identifying for each:
- Client profile
- Client needs
- Provided solution to meet the needs
Interested in being recognised as DIH? Propose your hub here!
Back to News list