The experience, knowledge and skills of the over 50’s demographic as well as the size of this group provide a huge asset to Europe, both from a social and economic standpoint. Our vision is for a Europe in which this asset and potential is fully understood and realised, for the benefit of individuals, economies and society.
With this in mind, we have come together and formed the 50+Entrepreneurship Platform Europe, a group of like-minded organisations, corporates, NGOs and academics whose missions is ensure policy makers understand, appreciate and harness the important contribution that 50+ entrepreneurship can make to Europe’s economy and society and create an environment in which 50+ entrepreneurship can fulfil its potential.
To help achieve this objective, the initiative will act as a forum through which policy and programme insights and recommendations, best practice and evidence based research can be shared, developed and pursued.
The Platform has the following specific objectives:
- Build greater awareness and political support for +50 entrepreneurship
- Inform and shape the policy environment in relation to +50 entrepreneurship
- Facilitate and encourage +50 entrepreneurship knowledge sharing
- Identify and promote the need for additional +50 entrepreneurship initiatives and research
- Build an understanding amongst the broader entrepreneurship community that +50 is a vital element of entrepreneurship
- Also build knowledge, understanding and support for +50 entrepreneurship at Member State level
More information at www.50plus-europe.eu
Back to News list