EU|BIC T-Hub is partnering with OTIS, the world-leading elevator company, to source innovative solutions to integrate with elevators, escalators, and travellators (moving walkways). Startups with proposals on how to improve the efficiency and utilisation of elevators, escalators, and travellators, are invited to apply for T-Hub & UTC's OTIS Innovation Challenge by 22 July 2018. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work closely with the EU|BIC and the corporate, receive funding, access T-Hub’s and OTIS’ network of experts, mentors and investors, and many more.
Startups providing solutions to one or more of the following challenge areas are encouraged to apply:
- automated and intelligent crowd detection, counting and/or estimation of the people density, in indoor and outdoor application
- human classification into subtypes (e.g., male vs female, child vs adult, repeat building user vs visitor, employee vs non-employee, etc.)
- human activity detection (e.g., loitering, waiting, looking for elevator)
- personal tracking through correlation with ID card, carried device or other identity recognition system, including biometrics or voice etc
For more challenge areas, visit the website
What’s in there for startups?
The top 5-6 startups selected through this programme are offered with:
- an opportunity to work with UTC technology leaders/mentors to collaborate and prioritise the solution at Hyderabad, India.
- an opportunity to develop proof of concept (PoC) on the prioritised solution with funding up to $10K per startup and showcase PoC to key executives of UTC during the ‘Demo Day’ at UTC - HRDC (Hyderabad).
- access to T-Hub's network of mentors, industry experts, investors, service providers, community/ecosystem.
- further collaboration options, if mutual interest established, will be discussed with the winner startups.
For more information about OTIS Innovation challenge, visit the website
Back to News list