Startup Europe's next big event is Startup Europe Week 2016, a bottom up movement that aims to set up a meetup in every single region of Europe to inform startups about the available support and resources both at local and EU level.
To make Startup Europe Week (SEW) a reality, the European Commission needs your involvement.
The goal is to bring together as many regions as possible. To help on this venture, SEW has the valuable support from Startup Europe and the EU Committee of the Regions. The goal with Startup Europe Week is to bring together entrepreneurs and regions, closing a gap that is very unique in Europe - the importance of local / regional support in new business creation. To make this a reality, the European Commission needs local champions able to mobilise the most relevant actors of their local ecosystem, and startups to be informed and able to tap all the resources available.
A typical meetup within SEW will be:
- Focused on the regional/local level: giving information on what local or ecosystem players can do for entrepreneurs locally;
- Based on a hands-on approach: the format and the information presented should be as pragmatic as possible;
- A great occasion to network and obtain information local entrepreneurs cannot get from browsing online.
As a Startup Europe Week local Leader, you will reap benefits, such as:
- High-level exposure and publicity with both local authorities and the European Commission team;
- Official endorsement for your meetup by the Startup Europe and the European Commission team;
- Working along the Startup Europe initiative and utilising this well-known label for your promotional activities;
- Your profile will be featured at the Startup Europe Week official website and all social channels.
For more information please visit the Digital Agenda website and follow the conversation on Twitter via the hashtag #SEweek16!
Back to News list