Call for Communications and Events Officer
Deadline 8th January 2017
EBN, the European network of Business and Innovation Centres, is seeking for a Communications and Events Officer for its office in Brussels. The main focus of the candidate will be helping to ensure the continuous improvement of EBN communications activities, in order to increase the visibility of the members and enlarge the membership to new countries.
Daily activities of EBN also include the dissemination and promotion of EU Projects in which the organisation is involved, for which a support from the communications and events team will be given.
Reporting the Communications and Events Manager, the Communications and Events office will:
- Participate in the daily communication work of the organisation;
- Contribute to the communication strategy;
- Assist in the elaboration of Newsletters (for members and events);
- Monitor news, publications and newsletters from EBN members and related partner associations;
- Update the EBN Website and creation of mini-sites (good knowledge of CMS);
- Be responsible for defined Social Media tasks;
- Media monitoring (EBN mentions) and analytics: elaborate the monthly reports on the social media and website analytics;
- Light graphic design and video making;
- Help organise press briefings and media materials:
- Support on writing articles, Letters to the Editor, etc.;
- Support on the Business Innovator Magazine;
- Support on the organisation of events important for the strategic objectives of the organisation:
- Follow up on the registrations and update website/page for events;
- Travel & accommodation (speakers/guests);
- Send invitation letters (speakers, VISA, etc.);
- Onsite support;
- EBN Networking Centre;
- Participating in events on behalf of EBN (when needed)
- Educated to graduate level in a related field such as Communications, PR, Business or Journalism with three years relevant work experience on communications and/or events organisation;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications;
- Excellent creative writing and synthesis skills;
- Flexibility of approach in terms of working arrangements and a willingness to undertake significant European travel;
- Proactive, innovative and problem solving person, used to work in a multinational environment and sometimes with a tight deadline.
- Good understanding of the startup and entrepreneurs, as well as innovation ecosystem;
- Experience in working in or with a membership organisation or association, identifying, developing and agreeing communication positions;
- Other languages such as French, German, Polish, Czech, etc;
- Familiar with design software and page layout skills;
- Understanding of the EU project visibility activity an advantage.
Qualified candidates should submit via email a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com. Please use “Communications and Events Officer” as the subject line of the mail.
Deadline for applications is 8 January 2017
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. EBN is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date of work: as soon as possible.