EBN’s core membership comprises organisations dedicated to supporting the creation and growth of businesses. And EBN’s core services help these business support organisations (BSOs) deliver the most effective services possible to their clients: the start-ups, entrepreneurs and SMEs operating in their local area.
The EU|BIC certification process allows BSOs to benchmark themselves against the only EU-recognised international standard of start-up support, and where appropriate become accredited EU-BICs. Using the EU|BIC logo on a BSO’s publicity material, gives potential clients an assurance of the quality of services being delivered. EBN has over 150 fully certified BIC in its membership, from over 40 different countries.
In summary BSOs have the potential to:
- Become one of the “gold standard” entrepreneur support organisations
- Deliver certified, high-quality services to your clients and become an unquestionable node within your territorial ecosystem
- Benchmark yourself against EU|BICs in your country, region, across Europe, or EU|BICs of similar size
- Be part of the only EU-accredited network and gain recognition by the EU/EC etc
- Allow your clients to link with other network members and their clients or business partners
BSOs come in many shapes and sizes. EBN’s services apply to all BSOs, and most have the potential to become EU|BICs:
- Business Incubators
- Innovation Centres
- Coworking Spaces
- Living Labs
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Business Centres
EBN offers its full range of services to BSO, especially focussing on the EU|BIC Services. In addition, access to international projects, internationalisation, and EU Gateway services will be of particular interest.
Examples of EU|BICs
- Chamber of Commerce: Novacité Lyon (FR)
- Chamber of Commerce: Ruse (BG)
- Innovation Centre: JIC (CZ)
- Incubator: Premice (FR)
- Living Lab: iMinds (BE)
- Living Lab: IDELUX (BE)