Location: Brussels, Belgium
Blue Invest 2018 is a matchmaking event, organised by the European Commission, that brings together innovation actors (including EBN and EBN Members) and the financial community to boost the economic potential of the ocean while protecting its marine resources.
As the martime economy is the market with a high growth potential (OECD projects that it will grow at twice the rate of the mainstream economy by 2030 ), Europe needs to stay competitive by supporting innovation in the sector.
What to expect?
- An exciting pitching contest for innovators in front of a panel of top investors (among them EBN CEO Javier Echarri and Jean-François Balducchi, EBN Member Nantes Atlantpole’s Director).
- Inspiring speakers who will share their experiences and tips
- Personalised and pre-arranged bilateral meetings for investment and project development opportunities
- Networking among potential clients, investors, innovators, support service providers and policy makers.
In addition, EBN is providing support to companies pitching with the help of expert-coaches coming from EU|BICs: Joe Greaney (WestBIC), Samuel Bachelot (Nantes Atlanpole), Ilaria Corsi (Lazio Innova) and Kevin Pardo (TVT).
Who should attend?
- Innovators with projects that can have a positive impact on the health of the ocean and boost its economic potential
- Blue economy innovators who want to pitch to Europe
- Business, especially SMEs, startups and scaleups
- Business accelerators
- Public and private financial institutions investing or willing to invest in the blue economy
- Maritime clusters
- Anyone with a keen professional interest in the subject
Time: 17 May 2018 (8:45-17:00)
Back to Event list