Location: Berlin, Germany
Social CHAlleNGEs.eu - Unlock the change
Launch event of the Social Challenges Innovation Platform, the brand-new EU initiative matching social challenges with the best innovative solutions coming from the entrepreneurial world.
Date: 18th May 2017, Thursday, 9.00-10.30
Location: Humboldt Carré Konferenz- und Eventzentrum, Behrenstraße 42, Berlin
To: Social entrepreneurs. Startups and SMEs. Regional and local policy makers. Impact makers. Innovators. Visionaries. Social Challenge Owners.
Social innovation is a constantly growing movement of grassroots initiatives, recognised by policy makers on different levels in Europe as an important way to tackle the increasingly-complex social and environmental challenges faced by our societies. However, the potential for social innovation to transform the way we respond to Europe's challenges still remains largely untapped.
The Social Challenges Innovation Platform is designed to change that.
Powered by Meta Group, EBN and Impact Hub – under the management of the Executive Agency for SMEs (EASME) and the support of the European Commission – , it aims at designing, creating and enabling an online ecosystem encouraging the interaction between social innovators and SMEs. It will help to co-develop and take up the sustainable and marketable innovations with clear social impact.
The Social Challenges Innovation Platform is:
- 1 go-to platform, a smart environment at your service
- 20 strategic nodes supporting challenge owners and solution providers across Europe
- 27 challenges supported and sponsored by a EU grant mechanism scheme
- 81 selected solution providers (max 3 per challenge)
- 2.430.000€ total grant (30000€ per selected solution provider)
Everyone can play a role and make a change!
If you are from the private, public or third sector, come & meet us in Berlin on May 18th.
Are you looking for a solution to a social need or a societal challenge? Are you an entrepreneur with a sound solution with clear economic and social impact? The Social Challenges Innovation Platform is the right place to go!
- We support European stakeholders in defining and prioritizing social and societal challenges
- We encourage a broad participation of social innovators, social entrepreneurs, startups and SMEs to identify, co-develop and test concrete solutions to these needs
- We provide grants, focused on the translation of challenges into practical and marketable solutions
Don’t miss the chance to find out how you can participate and benefit and join us on 18th May 2017 in Berlin!
We are excited to tell you more about the Social Challenges Innovation Platform.
Would you like to participate?
- Register here for free by May 10. Places are strictly limited and provided on a first-come-first-serve basis
- You can also watch the launch event via livestream, which will begin at 9:30 AM sharp. More details will be available soon.
The launch event is taking place immediately prior to the Unlikely Allies conference in Berlin, an invite-only gathering of 150 global innovators from around the world.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin!
Help to Spread the Word:
As this new funding program might be of interest to your network, please help us spread the word to encourage live or virtual participation in the Social CHAlleNGEs.eu - Unlock the change event by sharing these social media messages:
Join launch of €2.43M EU funding programme for #socent & #socinn in Berlin or on Facebook. More at @sochange_eu
SocialCHAlleNGEs.eu – Unlock the change. Launch event of the Social Challenges Innovation Platform on May 18 at 9:00 AM in Berlin.
Discover the brand-new EU initiative aimed at matching social challenges with the best innovative solutions coming from the entrepreneurial world. Eighty-one €30k grants for startups and SMEs co-developing and testing concrete solution to social needs. Click http://bit.ly/2ooRnAM to find out more.
 The Social Challenges Innovation Platform project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Gra nt Agreement number 734906.
Back to Event list