Location: GotoWebinar, Online
Date: Tuesday, 11th of April 2017, 10 AM – 11h45AM CET
Participants: research, development and innovation (RDI) actors from EaP countries - such as technology managers, researchers and other staff of universities, research centres, and private SMEs; other actors of EaP innovation system.
• Svetlana Klessova: senior innovation consultant, Director of inno TSD (France)
• Peter Häfner: senior innovation manager of engage AG, Head of Berlin and Leipzig offices (Germany)
This EaP PLUS project will organise six webinars on specific innovation-related topics, exploitation paths and other horizontal issues important for Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) in EaP countries and for the EU-EaP RDI cooperation. The aim of the webinars will be to allow the transfer of knowledge from EU experts to EaP institutions on topics related to research exploitation, innovation strategy in RDI projects, academia-industry collaboration, RDI internationalisation, Intellectual Property Rights and other topics related to Research, Development and Innovation projects.
A survey was launched to identify the needs and interests of EaP countries on RDI.Following the survey results, the first webinars will be on innovation strategies in RDI projects.
The indicative topics and timing for the following webinars are as follows:
• September 2017, webinar 2: Innovation strategy in RDI projects, Part 2
• December 2017, webinar 3: Exploitation strategy in RDI collaborative projects, Part 1: overview, implementation steps, exploitation plan (case example: Horizon 2020 research and innovation project)
• Feb/March 2018, webinar 4: Exploitation strategy in RDI collaborative projects, Part 2
• May/June 2018, webinar 5: Engaging in academia-industry collaboration
• January 2019, webinar 6: Internationalization of RDI activities - Exploring the models of international innovation partnerships
The content of the webinars will be based on good European practices and, when possible, will consider previous materials developed in other EC-funded projects.
The speakers in the webinars, when possible, will be EU experts and EaP specialists sharing good practices (indicatively, 2 speakers each time).
• 10h – 10h10 Presentation of EaP project (brief), webinars activity; upcoming webinars (six in total), purpose and objective of this first webinar
• 10h10-10h15 –Speakers introduction
• 10h15 – 10h35 Innovation strategy and its key components - by Svetlana Klessova
• 10h35 – 11h15 – Innovation Strategy in practice – by Peter Häfner
• 11h15 – 11h45 – Questions-answers
Another webinar on the topic of innovation in RDI projects will follow, its topic will be finalised based
on the results of the first webinar. Discussions of concrete cases from EaP is expected.
Svetlana Marie-Claire Klessova, inno TSD, Sophia Antipolis, France
Svetlana Klessova is Director and senior innovation consultant at inno TSD. She has 20+
years of experience in innovation, technology transfer issues and RDI international
collaboration, including exploitation issues in FP7 and Horizon 2020 projects. She has
worked on 60+ projects since she became consultant at inno TSD in 1997. Svetlana is
coordinator of a FP7 research and innovation project on real time monitoring and
optimization of resource efficiency in the chemical industry (MORE) funded under the
NMP scheme (2013-2017). She is responsible for the IPR-Exploitation Board in the CONSENS Horizon 2020 project (2015-2017). Svetlana is Innovation Manager and responsible for exploitation issues in the Horizon 2020 project CoPro (2016-2019). She is editor of the step-by-step guide “Innovation Strategy in R&D projects“, available for download via http://www.health2market.eu/results/step-bystep-guide , and co-author of the 1st edition of the guide “How to Effectively Network/Communicate in International R&D projects” http://www.bilat-rus.eu/en/226.php
Peter Häfner, engage AG, Berlin/Leipzig, Germany
Mr Peter Häfner is senior innovation manager at engage AG, and head of engage’s
Leipzig and Berlin offices. He leads consulting projects for public and private clients in
Germany in the field of innovation management and technology commercialisation. His
main focus are projects concerning the stimulation and support of technology-oriented
spin-offs from higher education and research institutions. Prior to joining Engage AG in
2010 Peter Häfner studied Physics and Business Administration at the Chemnitz
University of Technology with a focus on marketing, innovation management and psychology. He gained his first entrepreneurial experiences in 1992 by founding a company in the social sector.
Subsequently, he was in charge of marketing and sales for a service provider specialised in consulting and advanced training. Since 2003, Mr. Häfner supported university spin-offs and was involved in the training of entrepreneurs. As of 2005 he was in charge of setting up structures for efficiently identifying commercially relevant technologies and supporting particularly technology-oriented spin-offs from the universities Chemnitz, Freiberg, Mittweida and Zwickau as CEO of SAXEED Center for Entrepreneurship.
Back to Event list