Location: Committee of the Regions, Brussels, Belgium
Committee of the Regions (CoR)
Rue Belliard 99-101, 1040 Brussels
The Committe of the Regions and the European Commission, supported by EBN, IASP and EARTO are inviting you to a conference where practicioners and policiticians will exchange knowledge and views on the current intruments to support the creation and growth of entreprises in Europe.
The European Structural Investment Funds contribute EUR 118 billion to the smart growth objectives improving the EU's performance in research/innovation and Digital Single Market.
These investments in the real economy will upgrade research capabilities of firms and universities, create incubators and technological centres, enable access to risk capital and loans, build cluster partnerships, activate innovation ecosystems, provide advanced services, stimulate collaboration in European value chains in order to deepen internal market and strengthen industrial base.
The conference will count with the presence of Mr Markku Markkula, President of the Committee of the Regions and Ms Corina Cretu, Commissioner for Regional and Urban Development.
Followed by a keynote presentation "The Role of intra-regional good governance and effective business support service providers for successful European Innovation Ecosystem", by prof. Kevin Morgan.
EBN's president, Alvaro Simon de Blas, will take part in the pannel discussion at 11.15: "Debating regional governance model in dynamically changing economic conditions".
Furthermore, EBN and several members (BIC Euronova, WestBIC, JIC and Forum Virium) will showcase their sustainable model of innovative business support, in a session entitled “Business Creation and Growth”
Moderator: Philippe Vanrie, EBN CEO
- Valeria Fascione, Regional Councillor for Start-ups, Innovation and Internationalization for the Campania region
- Joe Greaney, WestBIC Director
- David Uhlir, Deputy Director of the South Moravian Innovation Centre
- Jarmo Eskelinen, President of the European Network of Living Labs (ENoLL), CEO of Forum Viurium, Helsinki, Finland
- Mr Piotr Kaczor - Regional Innovation Officer, Department of Economic Development, Marshal Office of the Malopolska Region
- Eva Pando, General director at IDEPA (Economic Development Institute in the Principality of Asturias)
Back to Event list