Location: Brussels, Belgium
EBN, EARTO and ERRIN are organising a high-level debate at the next European Week of Regions and Cities, on 12th October, to discuss RIS3 implementation in the European Union.
The debate will cover RIS3 implementation, parallel efforts by the EU institutions to simplify the ESIF, and the post-2020 regional innovation landscape. EARTO, EBN & ERRIN members, as regional actors implementing RIS3, consider the European Commission and European Parliament’s efforts in terms of RIS3 implementation and ESIF simplification to be essential. Simplification should mean easier and faster access to ESIF to support regional development and may be a powerful tool supporting regional innovation policies post-2020. Regional authorities and R&I actors also try to find ways to fund and support RIS3 implementation, using new tools and business models (Vanguard pilots, EFSI funds, ...).
- Welcome by Frang session. k Treppe, President, European Association of Research and Technology Organisations
- Keynote speech from Markku Markkula, President of the Committee of the Regions
- Moderation by Muriel Attané, Secretary General, EARTO
- Katja Reppel, Deputy Head of Unit Competence Center Smart and Sustainable
Growth, DG REGIO, European Commission
- Lambert van Nistelrooij, Member of European Parliament, Committee REGI
- Richard Tuffs, Director, European Regions Research & Innovation Network (ERRIN) & Chair of S3 Platform Mirror Group
- Philippe Vanrie, CEO, EBN
- Steven Knotter, Senior Consultant in Regional & Urban Development, IDEA Consult & Overall Coordination Support, Vanguard Initiative
This workshop will be followed by a networking session.
More information and the full agenda of this session are available here.
Back to Event list