BIC of Epirus was founded at the end of 1996. Its funding, for the first 18 months, was partially (50%) through E.U. and 50% through Local Partners. Since then BIC of Epirus is a self funded non-profit organization that ensures its viability by implementing innovative actions that contribute to regional development.
The aim of Centre is: “The promotion of activities regarding a Development Centre for Innovative Enterprises, at no expense”(art.3, parag.1, pag.4 according to founding statute). This aim is achieved through the provision of innovative services to local enterprises and bodies as well.
BIC’s actions focus on:
- Information, awareness and support of potential or existed enterprises,
- Cooperation among bodies,
- Support of Entrepreneurship through European - National projects and Initiatives
- Research Policy planning, and Innovation on Regional, National & European Level
- Planning and Administration of Local and Regional Development.
- Submission, Administration, Coordination and Implementation of National, and European Projects
- Strategic and Business Planning, Development of Business Plan - Marketing Plan.
- Counseling for the new Innovative Enterprises.
- Strategy of communication and implementation of publicity actions.