NearUS - Network for European Research and Innovation Acceleration in the US
NearUS will establish the Network of Centres of European Research and Innovation as central contact point for support to EU research and innovation actors (start ups, SMEs, universities) seeking collaboration with and in the US.
NearUS will establish the Network of Centres of European Research and Innovation as central contact point for support to EU research and innovation actors (start ups, SMEs, universities) seeking collaboration with and in the US. The NearUS Network will include the following entities:
- One coordination “node” in Europe (at the European Business and Innovation Centre Network - EBN, Brussels)
- One coordination “node” in the US (at the International Business Innovation Association – InBIA)
- Two physical “landing hubs”
- NearUS West Coast Hub in San Francisco Bay Area at the European American Entreprise Council
- NearUS East Coast Hub in Boston
- Five Associate Hubs across the USA, and plans to expand the NearUS network over four years
The network will be built on strong existing ties in EU and US and will ensure access to EU organisations from all EU Member States and US actors from all over the US.
A variety of services will be developed and proposed to customers (start ups, companies, researchers) by the Network during a pilot phase, then the centres and their pilot activity will be evaluated and the activity where necessary optimised so as to ensure the sustainable implementation after the project end.
Services will target Research2Research, Research2Market and Business2Business
cooperation, such as matchmaking opportunities, working visits to US organisations, pitching to potential investors, bootcamps, providing work space, business acceleration programmes. All services will be allocated via an open and transparent selection mechanism.
60 associated partners from EU and US support the NearUS Network, with more associated partners expected in the future.
Download the project summary here.
Project added on 04-04-2017 15:51 by Margaret Mulligan. 1629 page views
Back to Project list