Increasing International STI Cooperation between Brazil and the European Union
INCOBRA is a 36-month Coordination and Support Action aiming to increase, enhance and focus Research and Innovation (R&I) cooperation between BR and EU.
The INCOBRA consortium comprises 13 partners (7 from EU and 6 from BR), including Universities, Research Organizations, International Organizations, Technology Parks, Private Companies and Funding Agencies.
The project is expected to contribute to: (i) increased cooperation patterns – by supporting cooperation networks among BR and EU R&I actors; (ii) enhanced framework conditions – by fostering coordination and alignment of R&I funding in BR and EU; (iii) more focused BR-EU R&I cooperation – by identifying emerging topics and opportunities in priority R&I areas for cooperation.
Capacity building, sustainability will also be fully addressed by INCOBRA.
INCOBRA also assumes innovation (holistic concept) as a key driver for BR-EU STI cooperation and Strategic Foresight as a relevant tool to anticipate R&I trends of mutual interest for BR and EU R&I actors, while promoting mutual openness of BR and EU R&I funding programmes to encourage cooperation.
Building upon a stakeholder-driven basis, INCOBRA aims at actively involve the members of the Stakeholder Group. The Stakeholder Group will have as its core responsibilities and benefits:
- to provide inputs to relevant INCOBRA's deliverables;
- to participate in key activities of INCOBRA – such as the Strategic Foresight Workshop, the Brokerage Events, the Training Camps, the Strategic Scoping Workshops, the Focus Group, the Webinars, Info Days and Info Sessions;
- to have priority access in certain INCOBRA activities and outputs, namely the Cooperation Networks and the Funding Agencies Platform;
- to mobilize BR and EU R&I actors among their network of contacts to engage in INCOBRA activities;
- to further engage with other BR and EU R&I actors, in order to agree and undertake activities that would ensure the sustainability and continuity of INCOBRA outcomes beyond its lifetime.
Furthermore, the EU-Brazil Bilateral R&I Cooperation Networks which will receive financial and technical support from the project are expected to involve members of the Stakeholder Group as participants.
Learn more about INCOBRA activities and opportunities: www.incobra.eu
INCOBRA impacts will help:
- inducing institutional change at the policy and programme levels of the BR-EU R&I cooperation;
- enhancing framework conditions;
- reinforcing funding landscape;
- inducing behaviour change at the R&I actors level, leading to increased cooperation patterns;
- developing more focused cooperation activities;
- designing concrete measures to maximize such impacts.
Supporting BR-EU Policy Dialogue by Providing Evidence-based Guidelines
by identifying emerging and long term topics, opportunities, trends and drivers in specific Research & Innovation (R&I) areas, which may be jointly explored by Brazilian and EU R&I actors, ultimately enabling them to play a leading role in such areas.
Scaling up R&I implementation by supporting bilateral cooperation networks
by supporting new or existing Brazilian-EU R&I cooperation networks, helping them to coordinate R&I agendas, to share R&I efforts and to ultimately contribute to scaling up their R&I results.
Enhancing framework conditions by promoting coherence and coordination at policy and funding programme levels
by strengthening coordination and alignment of R&I funding policies and programmes between Brazil and the EU, through the creation of a Funding Agencies Platform, ultimately leading to further openness of such programmes to international cooperation activities.
Strengthening cooperation among BR and EU R&I actors on H2020 and beyond
by stimulating more sustainable interactions among Brazilian and EU R&I actors through a set of events and capacity building activities, ultimately leading to a more efficient joint exploitation of funding opportunities in Brazil and in the EU.
Project added on 05-09-2016 10:07 by Chiara Davalli. 3448 page views
Back to Project list