South East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk
The South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk supports European Union (EU) small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to both protect and enforce their Intellectual Property (IP) rights in or relating to South-East Asia, through the provision of free information and services. These take the form of jargon-free, first-line, confidential advice on intellectual property and related issues, plus training, materials and online resources.
The South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk project is co-funded by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry under the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP). The current project runs from January 2013 – December 2017, and comprises a total budget of EUR 1.2 million over the twentyfour month period.
The Helpdesk's free services for European SMEs include:
Helpdesk Enquiry Service – Confidential Advice
Individual SMEs and SME intermediaries can submit IP enquiries directly to the Helpdesk via phone, email or in person, getting access to a panel of experts to receive free and confidential first-line advice.
The Helpdesk arranges training on IP protection and enforcement in Europe and South-East Asia, tailored to the needs of SMEs, including:
- General IP issues, including IP registration and establishing an IP protection strategy.
- Practical business challenges such as choosing an South -East Asia business partner, attending a trade fair, licensing.
- Helpdesk IP Clinics offering SMEs free 20 minute one-on-one consultations with an IP expert are available at most training events.
- Train-the-trainer resources for SME service providers and intermediary bodies (Trade Associations, SME Networks etc.) to improve the awareness of intermediary representatives about the scope and tools offered by the Helpdesk for the benefit of intermediary members.
Industry and business-focused guides and training materials address South-East Asia IP issues by:
- IP topic, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing, dealing with counterfeiting.
- Business focus, including IP as a business asset, technology transfer, finding the right lawyer.
- Nation and Industry, including textiles, medical devices, ceramics.
The multi-lingual online portal provides easy access for all EU SMEs to Helpdesk information and services, including Helpdesk guides, E-learning modules, videos, podcasts, event information, and live webinars.
Project added on 30-09-2015 10:03 by Ronan Breen. 2855 page views
Back to Project list