Make It Global
The Make It Global project is a £1.5 million project that aims to support the internationalisation of women-led small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in London. The project contributes to sustainable global business growth through the realisation of women-led business potential, capabilities and opportunities. The project is funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), for two years from 1st September 2012.
Make It Global is led by the University of East London (UEL) and delivered in partnership with the European Business Network (EBN), Newham College of Further Education and Kingston University, and a network of strategic partners.
The project will offer SMEs the opportunity to benefit from a six-stage package of specialist support which will provide access to transnational business networks, experts within the HE/FE knowledge base and brokered entry to new markets.
• Support women-led SMEs in London to internationalise
• Increase confidence of women-led SMEs to internationalise
• Signpost beneficiaries to mainstream internationalisation support
• Create sustainable partnership to champion & support internationalisation of women-led SMEs
• Encourage business growth through sustainable internationalisation: create jobs and increase GVA
Offer to SMEs
The project aims to support 250 women-led SMEs in London to internationalise. Through a six-stage package of support, the project will raise awareness of the benefits of internationalisation and increase the confidence of women business owners towards entering new markets. Project activities will include events, workshops, mentoring, peer learning groups, international business-to-business networking & specialist innovation support.
Project added on 02-05-2014 18:23 by Raffaele Buompane. 5087 page views
Back to Project list