The Next Society
THE NEXT SOCIETY movement has been launched with the support of the European Commission. Its ultimate goal is to mobilise entrepreneurs, innovators and corporate ecosystems to tackle the innovation and sustainable development challenges faced in the Mediterranean, in the North as much as in the South. To achieve this objective, the initiative gathers a large network of over 300 business & innovation, research and investment organisations, 2.500 international SMEs and entrepreneurs from 30 countries and will implement activities on several levels of the innovation ecosystem from January 2017 until December 2020 targeting Europe and 7 Mediterranean countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan).
- Improve policy frameworks: THE NEXT SOCIETY establishes a public-private dialogue and benchmarks the performance of Mediterranean innovation ecosystems in order to define and implement country strategic roadmaps and improve innovation support strategies.
- Foster start-up success: THE NEXT SOCIETY offers tailor-made support to Mediterranean start-ups to help them go international and raise funds thanks to workshops and training sessions, immersion into foreign markets and incubation in European innovation hubs, meetings with investors and long-term coaching by committed mentors.
- Promote and internationalise clusters: THE NEXT SOCIETY develops peer-learning services for business and industrial clusters as well as foreign partnership and guide them towards a Cluster Excellence management approach.
- Support technology transfer offices (TTO): THE NEXT SOCIETY trains TTO managers like entrepreneurs and help them improve their services, market their innovation portfolio and meet potential clients.
THE NEXT SOCIETY initiative have the common desire to activate change at each level:
- Strategic thinking to advocate measures boosting innovation capacities,
- Capacity building and technical support to drive their implementation,
- Connecting people, businesses and organisations to favour a collaborative work, replication of good practices and transfer of innovation,
- Offering spaces for the creation and design of new business solutions,
- Develop programmes for the acceleration of new entrepreneurs,
- Measure and monitor impacts of business projects and policies at economic, social and environmental level
Project added on 31-08-2017 12:26 by Raffaele Buompane. 3134 page views
Back to Project list