Formerly the UK and European Sales Director for a major European company, Richard maintained a solid track record in delivering results throughout his dynamic 24 year career. Now an accredited lobbyist with the European Parliament, Richard has extensive experience in consulting on Business Development and funding opportunities across Europe and Africa, running his grant consultancy and lobbying business with over 16 years of experience. Richard is an outgoing and energetic individual who delivers outstanding results at all levels and believes in cutting through red tape with a few well chosen words based on a lifetime’s experience.
Certified American Sales Master (Dale Carnegie – 1988)
Certified Production Analyst (City & Guilds -1989)
Certified Cost Analyst (City & Guilds-1992)
Fellow of Institute of Sales and Marketing (1991)
Recent Relevant Experience
- Prepared and developed European Commission funding applications for clients across a variety of business sectors including waste management, recycling, manufacturing and public authorities, with project sizes ranging from €300,000 to €30 Million.
- Advised, planned and successfully lobbied for legislative changes and product classifications on behalf of clients.
- Advised, planned and assisted clients to implement management and monitoring processes for projects funded by ESF, ERDF, EQUAL and LIFE Environment
- Researched, prepared and delivered feasibility studies for clients on development strategies, product introduction and market development
- Planned, developed and implemented sales and marketing strategies that have provided clients with a route-map to success and a means of achieving finance
- Assisted many clients and organisations, large and small, in understanding the opportunities available through the EC and how they can be accessed.
- Manufacturing – plastics, metals, consumer products
- Medical services – medical devices, dentistry, medical research
- Services – Business support, training, incubation and innovation support
- ICT – Software development, security technologies, web based technologies
- Environmental – medical, tyre, glass, plastic and paper wastes, environmental services