Call for Marketing Communication Assistant
We are looking for a digital-savvy, creative and business-minded young professional (1-2 years work experience) that wants to develop and establish themselves in corporate, event and project communication – with a focus on digital and visual design initiatives supporting community-building within the EU innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems.
You are to join as part of the Communication Team (including a Strategic Communication Manager, Communication and Event Officer, and a Project Communication Officer) to deliver improvements in EBN’s key business areas: Innovation Ecosystem Management, EU projects, Events and Membership Development.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Implementing, in close collaboration with the Communication team, the communication strategy and activities derived from a wide-range of corporate, member, and project priorities
- Support the organisation and execution via e.g. digital content creation, design of promotion materials, etc of EBN’s key events EBN Congress (May 2022) and TechCamp (Oct 2022), and other online & offline events, such policy workshops and training events
- Manage and monitor social media accounts
- Support the production of visual communication materials tailored to EBN’s core activities for digital communication channels
- Plan, manage and execute digital content to support and develop the EU|BIC community online
In return we offer:
- Market-conform salary package, contributory pension, and additional hospitalisation insurance
- The opportunity to acquire broad communication experience in an international association working from its office in the heart of the EU in Brussels
- 20 days paid holiday + 5 additional days by EBN
We do not require applicants to meet a set level of experience but are instead looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset with strong coordination and people skills who can learn quickly.
- Understanding of the innovation ecosystem and startup, technology world
- Member-centric, capable of delivering results to meet partner expectations
- Experience developing communities of practice and managing online communities is an advantage
- Preference for working knowledge of a second European language – preferably French
- Experience with visual design software, for example Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge and understanding of video editing tools, for example Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects is a plus
- Able to see the bigger picture whilst attentive to detail
- Equally able to work on own initiative as well as be an active team player
Interview and start date
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due course.
- Preferred start date: 2 May 2022
Qualified candidates can submit their application before 3 April 2022, 23:59 CET via email using ‘Marketing Communication Assistant’ in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
• Cover letter (max. one A4)
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidatures will be treated confidentially. EBN is an equal opportunities employer.