Join EIC Communities - Uniting European Innovators for Deep Tech Advancements
EBN seeks to introduce to its members and partners the EIC Communities project, an opportunity offered to projects funded by the European Innovation Council (EIC) for the valorisation of their results and breakthrough technologies.
What is the EIC Communities project?
The EIC Communities project is a support action awarded within Horizon Europe, coordinated by APRE – Agency for the Promotion of European Research (IT) and implemented together with EBN (BE), EurA (PT) and ICONS (IT).
The objective is to increase the visibility and impact of the EIC-funded projects by stimulating synergies and innovation breakthroughs. This is solely possible with the involvement of key stakeholders, instrumental for their growth. With this in mind, the EIC Communities project will create three thematic Communities of Practice in the CleanTech, Industry and Health sectors. It aims to co-create diverse online and physical activities, materials and tools that encourage multidisciplinary interactions among EIC portfolios and spur collaborations with external stakeholders.
These activities, including matchmaking sessions, workshops and interactive academies will build sustainable networks around communities. The ultimate goal is to propel future technologies and innovations, driving us towards a more connected and innovative future, together to promote broad, diverse and gender-inclusive deep tech communities.
7 FEBRUARY 2024, 12.00 CET
Why be involved in EIC Communities projects and its Communities of Practice?
We are actively scouting stakeholders who can offer their insights and assist project beneficiaries in achieving impact. Consequently, recognizing and engaging with key stakeholders who have shared interests and a willingness to enhance the innovation ecosystem.
The project is open to a variety of stakeholders, from researchers to policymakers/government bodies, innovators, entrepreneurs, business networks and associations, and civil society, and involves them in the three communities, in line with their thematic interests.
Engaging with the communities provides stakeholders with the opportunity to:
- Be at the forefront of discussions on deep tech and breakthrough technologies.
- Gain insights into the most promising research and innovations in deep tech within health, cleantech, and industry, and connect with innovators.
- Become a part of the DEEPSYNC platform, ensuring visibility through the online database, which will be available by the end of April 2024.
- Participate in networking activities and engage in discussions on topics of interest.
- Meet experts from diverse disciplines, spanning academia and industry.
- Reflect on recent policy and technological developments and contribute to recommendations related to deep-tech research in the EU.
Upcoming Events: Save the Dates!
Info Session: February 7, 2024, 12:00 CET (Online)
- Join us for an info session hosted by EBN. Register now.
Kick-off Workshop for EIC Projects – Uniting European Innovators for Deep Tech Advancements
- Industry: February 21, 2024
- Cleantech: February 27, 2024
- Health: March 13, 2024
(Timing: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM CET/Online)
EIC Pathfinder Info Day: March 20, 2024