At the heart of Biomedicine and medical device industries in Qingdao (China)
Qingdao National High-Tech Industrial Development Zone located in the south of the Shandong Peninsula and lying on the shore of the Yellow Sea, is one of the 70 large and medium-sized cities of China.
Also known as the “Capital of Chinese Brands” and “World Beer City”, Qingdao has numerous enterprises with well-known brands, such as Hai’er, Tsingtao Beer, Hisense, and AUCMA, etc. In 2022, Qingdao is moving towards the construction of an international metropolis that is open, modern, dynamic and fashionable.
Founded in November 1992, Qingdao National High-tech Industrial Development Zone (Qingdao High-tech Zone) has become one of the most reknown centre in the acceleration and construction of a modern industrial system.
Its core industries include biomedicine and medical devices , new-generation information technology and intelligent manufacturing as the pillars, and modern service industry as the support industry.
The biomedicine and medical device industries rely on the University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, highlighting the characteristics of healthcare, integrating production, education and research, and helping Qingdao High-tech Zone to create a “Rehabilitation Bay” with international influence and domestic competitiveness.
The new generation of information technology industry and intelligent manufacturing industry will be based on the existing industrial foundation, with a focus on big data, robotics, precision instruments and other fields, and accelerate the creation of modern advantageous industrial clusters; while the modern service industry will strengthen the incubation of scientific and technological innovation, fintech, international conventions and exhibitions and provide strong support for expanding and strengthening core industries and pillar industries.
Qingdao High-Tech Industrial Development zone offers many connections with key actors open to international cooperation.
- 17 international science and technology cooperation bases, including 2 national-level bases, have settled in the High-tech Zone.
- There are about 230 foreign-invested companies in the High-tech Zone, of which one fifth are of EU investments.
- Based on the EU Project Innovation Centre, the High-tech Zone is focusing on building a platform of exchange for cooperation with Europe.
- Qingdao has established trade ties with 216 countries and regions across the world.
- More than 2,100 foreign governments and enterprises have representative offices in Qingdao.
- A total of 160 Fortune Global 500 companies have invested in 309 projects in Qingdao.
- During the pandemic, the European First-class Parks Online Summit was held, and the European First-class Science and Technology Parks (Qingdao Center) was established in 2020. The European science and technology park online projects roadshow event was also held, promoting enterprises cooperation between Europe and China.
Are you interested in developing new contacts with one of Qingdao’s major actors? Please contact EBN Member EUPIC.