EBN is a Brussels-based not-for-profit that serves a pan-European community of people that use entrepreneurial innovation as a driver for regional development. We are specialised in EU|BIC certification (mandated by the European Commission), quality business support programmes, EU-project collaborations, global networking, and advocacy for excellent business support actors like our 130+ certified EU|BIC members.
The EBN secretariat is composed of an international team of experts in business and innovation support, internationalisation, advocacy, and project management. We are currently looking to expand our communication team with an English-speaking Communication Officer for our office in Brussels. The successful applicant will contribute to the development of the EU|BIC community, Events, and EU-funded projects managed by EBN on behalf of our national and international members and partners.
We are looking for a business-minded professional that wants to develop and establish itself in EU-, event and project communication.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- To work as part of the Communication Team to deliver improvements in the key business areas: EU projects, Events and Membership Development
- Implementing, in close collaboration with the EBN project managers, the communication strategy and activities derived from a wide range of EU-funded and international projects
- Lead the organisation, coordination, and execution (e.g. content creation, speaker management, promotion, etc) of EBN’s key annual events Congress (Nov 2020) and TechCamp (2021), and other project-related online & offline events
- Produce written communication tailored to specific EU-funded and international projects for online and partner/ EU-related communication channels (i.e. CORDIS)
- Attend consortium partners’ meetings and calls and provide relevant input about communication activities and strategy
- Liaise, coordinate, and collaborate with external communication agencies for the development of graphic design deliverables
- Manage projects’ social media accounts and provide content to support and develop the EU|BIC community
- Monitor and report on event and project deliverables following EBN and partner KPI requirements (e.g. event participation, reach and engagement of online content, social media analytics and impact reporting)
In return we offer:
- Market-conform salary package, contributory pension, and additional hospitalisation insurance
- The opportunity to acquire broad communication experience in an international association working from its office in the heart of the EU in Brussels
- 20 days paid holiday + 5 additional days by EBN
- Work travel reimbursement
We do not require applicants to meet a set level of experience but are instead looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset with strong coordination and people skills who can learn quickly.
- Understanding of EU-funded or international projects
- Understanding of the startup and entrepreneurial world, as well as the innovation ecosystem
- Member centric – capable of delivering results to meet partner expectations
- Pro-active and flexible thinker who can quickly adapt to changes in volume, patterns, and priority levels
- Analytical and logical with the ability to develop creative solutions to meet deadlines
- Financial awareness
- Able to see the bigger picture whilst attentive to detail
- Equally able to work on own initiative as well as be an active team player
- Excellent Microsoft skills and confidence to learn new software solutions
- Preference for working knowledge of a second European language
Interview and start date
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due course.
- Preferred start date: 10 August 2020
Qualified candidates can submit their application before 23 July 2020 via email using ‘Communication Officer’ in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Cover letter (max. one A4)
Access the vacancy 'Call for Communication Officer' in pdf.
Back to News list