One of our Belgian members, Korea Research & Innovation Centre (KIC-Europe) is recruiting industry experts interested in a long-term mentorship with Korean early stage ventures looking for expansion to Europe. We are mostly interested in the profile of early-stage investors and accelerator managers, as more importantly we expect these mentors to introduce our companies to investors, potential customers and strategic partners.
The mentor role will be remunerated on a flat-fee basis (i.e. 6 h commitment per month) in return for providing help in the following areas:
- Business model suggestions using the Business Model Canvas;
- Identifying and correcting gaps in the team’s business knowledge and understanding;
- Investment readiness;
- Customer development;
- Marketing and sales;
- Introductions to the industry and potential customers;
- Connections to other people, mostly potential investors and business partners.
These activities will be coordinated by KIC-Europe’s staff. Mentors will be matched with those companies that their industry expertise(s). The activities will mostly be conducted via online sessions.
KIC-Europe is the catalyst of 17 CCEIs (Centre for the Creative Economy and Innovation), where we recruit and rigorously screen for the best founders – meaning higher quality of input and truly scalable ventures.
The remuneration will be a 250 EUR flat-fee for 6 hours of your time. You will be called upon for:
- Participation in a juryfor tele-pitching sessions. Sessions will take place in Gotowebinar.com, where KIC-Europe will connect you with our counterparts – accelerators & incubators from Korea. After each company’s pitch of 5′ + 5′ Q&A, mentors will submit their feedback and evaluation forms.
Next date: 4th-5th March, Brussels.
- Participation as a mentor once KIC-Europe selects the companies we want to work with. The decision will be consulted with a panel of experts (together with the scrutiny our mentors) and the scoring from these companies’ evaluations.
Next date: beginning of April, upon selection of our final cohort.
- Participation as a coach in onsite training sessions. KIC-Europe plans the delivery of an investment readiness programme in Brussels from the 16-20th May (intentionally scheduled for the week before Pioneers Festival 2016).
Next date: 16-20th May.
- Any (agreed) extra hours contributed will be duly remunerated;
- Travel & accommodation costs will be subsidized;
- Sessions may be recorded for monitoring and educational purposes.
Download Brochure of our centre and the sectors in which we operate.
First mentor gathering in Brussels on March 3-4th
3rd March – Thursday: the first meeting will start at 15:00 and consists in an orientation and networking event for all new KIC’s mentors, which will be followed by a dinner.
4th March – Friday: due to the time difference with Korea (+9), we’ll meet at 9:00 in the morning. Mentors will participate as jury members, since our first telepitching will take place. A virtual room (Gotowebinar) will be enabled, in coordination with our CCEIs, where their most distinguished entrepreneurs will present their pitch decks. An evaluation will follow after the event.
In case this call sparks your interest, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Back to News list