How to make your business grow going international or creating jobs, looking into the space without forgetting the industry, all within the innovation and the incubation ecosystems – around those topics were the discussions over three days in the city of Esch-sur-Alzette that hosted the EBN Congress 2018 – Future of Innovation, where startups have gained a key role for the future of innovation.
|Diego de Biasio, CEO Technoport||Javier Echarri, CEO EBN|
Over 600 participants came to this post-industrial site beginning of June to discover the Future of Innovation, to learn who are currently and will be soon the most disruptive startups and entrepreneurs that will impact the innovation ecosystem.
This year the congress was structured in three main topics: growth, space and industry. Furthermore, during the whole congress we had the chance to attend four pitching sessions in total, on growth, space and industry, and a fourth one with a variety of sectors. Twikit, a company that helps you to personalised and customised your products directly from your website, was the overall winner and counts among their partners with EBN Member imec.
Joerg Kreisel, representing Veoware - winner space session, Diego de Biasio, Ziggu - winner growth session, Twitkit - winner industry session and top winner, Helena Díez, presenter EBN Congress, Javier Echarri and Yotako - winner general session
Supporting business growth and coaching startups in getting into the international markets are key topics for BICs and other support organisations attending the congress. Moreover, startups, business support organisations, corporates, investors and industry are more and more looking to the sky and bringing space technology to earth, thanks to the enduring collaboration between EBN and ESA and the increasing involvement of Luxembourg on space initiative via SpaceRessources, Thursday became the space day at the congress. Finally, Esch-sur-Alzette is a post-industrial site, the participants to the congress could still admire the rest of the coal industry in this city at the south of Luxembourg and discuss about the new trends and opportunities for the industry.
Experts from each of the sectors joined us at the EBN Congress to share their views, experiences and best practice to shape the future of the innovation. Very thought-provoking ideas from Robert Glaesener, CEO of Talkwalker and his way of making his company grow from 2 to 200. Inspirational speech from Jean-Jacques Dordain, former ESA General Director and currently advisor to the Luxembourg government at the SpaceResources initiative, Dordain sees the space technology as an opportunity “90% of the value of space is on earth” said Mr. Dordain. Lewis Horne, Uniti CEO, came the last day to explain how an electronic car can grow without crashing, he shared his experience on how EBN as a network has helped Uniti to scale up and become a referent point in the automotive industry.
|Robert Glaesener, CEO Talkwalker||Jean-Jacques Dordain, space advisor||Lewis Horne, CEO Uniti|
Networking is a key part at the congress, so that the participants to the congress could have the opportunity to visit the exhibition area, startups, sponsors and exhibitors.
Because congress is not only about work, but as well about meeting with old and news friends, feeling the belonging to a family in innovation, Technoport celebrated its 20 Anniversary with a big barbeque followed by a party.
Electing the new Board of Directors and presenting the new strategy
When the family meets, decisions are taken. Just before going the barbeque EBN Members elected the new Board of Directors, where more women are getting their opinions heard.
With a new set of priorities, EBN Members are shaping the future of innovation as well in restructuring the organisation to whom they belong.
There were three days of intensive work, happy encounters and bright future for business support organisations, entrepreneurs and startups.
Stay tuned for future events where you could meet EBN members and experts in innovation and incubation!
EBN Congress in the media:
- 4 Growth Startups from Day one of EBN Conference 2018 - https://www.siliconluxembourg.lu/4-growth-startups-from-day-one-of-ebn-conference-2018/ - Source: silicon Luxembourg - published 7 June 2018
- 4 Space Startups from Day two of EBN Conference 2018 - https://www.siliconluxembourg.lu/4-space-startups-from-day-two-of-ebn-conference-2018/ - Source: silicon Luxembourg - published 8 June 2018
- 4 Industry Startups from Day two of EBN Conference 2018 - https://www.siliconluxembourg.lu/4-industry-startups-from-day-two-of-ebn-conference-2018/ - Source: silicon Luxembourg – published 9 June 2018
- Internet: A New Actor in Space - https://www.siliconluxembourg.lu/internet-a-new-actor-in-space/ - Source: silicon Luxembourg - published 9 June 2018
- Exploring the future of innovation: EBN Congress 2018 - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/exploring-future-innovation-ebn-congress-2018-neil-cocker/ - Author: Neil Cocker, Tomorrow Street – Source: LinkedIN - published 13 June 2018
- Letzebuerger Gemengen - https://www.yumpu.com/fr/document/view/61076235/lg-212-juillet-2018 (page 52) - published Juillet/Aout 2018
BIG THANKS to our sponsors!
Back to News list