Building Entrepreneurial Skills for 50+ jobseekers to turn interests, ideas, and hobbies into business for better future perspectives
Silver Workers’ main goal is to promote the access to training for 50+ ex-workers in order to let them build new professional skills and familiarity with new technologies, avoiding them to be marginalised by the labour market.
During the event taking place on June 7 (14:30 - 18:00) at EBN Congress, the project partners (among them EBN Members CEEI Extremadura and SPI - Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação), will present the intellectual outputs and the results of all the activities realised, in particular:
- a complete training system with a modular approach and with training materials made available by means of an e-learning platform enabling beneficiaries to develop skills and competences for coping with their job loss and for developing their own startup businesses, will be illustrated in detail;
- Results of the piloting courses realised in 4 different countries (Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal) will be introduced in order to discuss the specific needs of the target group and to present the business ideas emerged from the participants;
- Perspectives to support the development of real startups will be discussed with participants.
Participants to the Final Event may also be involved in testing the tools and evaluate their potential exploitation in different contexts and countries.
Interested? Join the Silver Workers Final Event and be fully informed about new possibilities for 50+ ex-workers to be active and performing again in the labour market.
TIME: 07 Jun 2018 (14:30 - 18:00)
About Silver Workers
exited the labour market for various reasons (e.g. retirement, dismissal, redundancy, health issues, etc...) and that, given the complexity of the present working situation all over EU, struggle to find another working position, or to change career direction.Prof. Jon Fairburn (Staffordshire University) delivering social media marketing course as part of the business training
This potential re-integration into the labour market may be realised by “equipping” them with the necessary entrepreneurial skills in order to turn their hobbies and other interests into business ideas and eventually into real operating startups.
The Silver Workers consortium including EBN is composed by other organisations from other 4 EU countries:
- Italy: VISES Onlus (the project's coordinator), Eurocrea Merchant, Sistemi Formativi Confindustria, Unione Italian del Lavoro;
- Spain: EBN Member Fundacion Fundecyt (CEEI Extremadura);
- UK: Staffordshire University;
- Portugal: EBN Member Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovacao.
ABOUT EBN CONGRESS
- SCALE UP and GROWTH
Between 6-8 June 2018, professionals in the innovation, incubation and entrepreneurship community will gather in Esch-sur-Alzette (Luxembourg). Over three days of conference sessions, workshops, pitching sessions, matchmaking and networking activities, they will explore the future of innovation, with the possibility of networking with corporates, investors and business support organisations (EU|BICs and ESA BICs).
Back to News list