The European Business & Innovation Centre Network (EBN) is a network of around 130 quality-certified EU|BICs (business and innovation centres) and 70 other organisations that support the development and growth of innovative entrepreneurs, startups, and SMEs.
As a network, organising professional events is one of the services EBN provides to its members. EBN organises two mayor events along the year: EBN Congress and EBN TechCamp, together with other smaller dissemination events to communicate about project results, policy events, smaller meetings, etc.
In this framework EBN is recruiting an EBN Congress Intern starting in August 2019, to join the Communication and Events Department in Brussels, for 4 months.
The duties and tasks for this position will include, but are not restricted to the contribution to the organisation of the mayor EBN event the EBN Congress, taking place in Rome (Italy) in October 2019, as well as supporting in the smaller events happening during the length of the contract:
- Update marketing material website/page for events;
- Follow up on the registrations;
- Assisting participants in answering queries;
- Follow up with speakers (collect bio and photo) and liaise wih their offices;
- Follow up of startups attending the Congress;
- Travel & accommodation (speakers/guests/staff);
- Prepare event material (PPT presentations, signage, evaluation forms, etc.);
- Onsite support;
- Assist post-event (thank you emails, analyse of feedback forms);
- Support on communicating and disseminating the event;
- Support on meetings taking place at EBN Networking Centre.
Applicants are required to have the following skills:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, other languages are a benefit (French, Italian);
- A sound knowledge of innovation-related topics;
- A good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets;
- Ability to network and interact with other individuals from different cultures/backgrounds
- Excellent communication & presentational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work to meet tight deadlines;
- Proven organisational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Good knowledge of European and International Institutions.
Allowance and working hours
The intern will receive an allowance of 796,91€ per month and lunch voucher, based on the Belgian ‘convention d’immersion professionnelle’. The candidates need to have a valid EU working permit.
The intern will be expected to work 7.5 hours per day from Monday to Friday, following the time schedule below:
- 9.00 – 13.00
- 14.00 – 17.30
The intern is entitled to follow any legal holidays recognised by the hosting organisation that fall during the placement period.
Supervision and support
EBN will ensure that the intern is supervised by an appropriate member of staff during the placement period.
How to apply
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter, stating the reasons why you would like to have the stage at firstname.lastname@example.org and stating in the reference the title of the position.
Deadline to receive applications is 26 August 2019, but interviews can take place already before.
Starting: as soon as possible, and not later than 16 September 2019.
Please note that due to the large number of CVs EBN usually receives, we regret that only candidates invited to for interview will receive a response. EBN is an equal opportunity employer. EBN fully complies with current GDPR rules, CV's and cover letters will only be kept while the current position is still open.