EBN offers services to improve policy interfaces, to find the right mix of instruments originating from technology, industrial or regional policy models. In this context, Clusters act as means to reach goals rather than ends whereas Science Parks increase the wealth of the community by promoting the culture of innovation and the competitiveness of its associated businesses and knowledge-based institutions.
Therefore, EBN offers services to stimulate strong partnerships among those stakeholders that assist in commercialisation of research, growing profitable businesses and supporting cluster development contributing to wealth creation, social development and environmental sustainability.
The aim is to help entrepreneurs and SMEs to address challenges and opportunities by improving their links to global value chains and to improve their access to information, technology, finance and skills. Moreover, EBN helps to build capacity among supporting organisations for the planning, development and coordination of clusters and science parks by deepening on globalisation, intensifying international projects and supporting changes in business structure.
In summary, EBN can help Clusters & Science Parks to:
- Strengthen the branding
- Provide insights for development policy and to regional competitiveness
- Support the design and development of SMEs clusters
- Develop new skills and attitudes
- Stimulate modern services
- Define internationalising economies
- Identification of global trends and issues
- Develop a network of innovation clusters and centres of excellence
Examples of EU|BICs
- Elgazala Technopark (TN)
- Forskningsparken (FI)
- IDEA (RU)
- Krakow Technology Park (PL)
- Lahti Science & Business Park (FI)
- SAVOIE TECHNOLAC (FR)
- Technopark of Novosibirsk (RU)
- University of Warwick Science Park (UK)
Examples of AssoCIate Members
See all members who are...