The Technology Centre ASCR supports the participation of the Czech Republic in the European Research Area, prepares analytical and conceptual studies for research and development, performs international technology transfers and supports the creation and development of innovation businesses.
The Technology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (TC) was established in 1994 as a non-profit special-interest association of legal entities. Its members are institutes of the Academy of Sciences of the CR): Institute of Physics, Institute of Microbiology, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals, Institute of Plasma Physics, Institute of Molecular Genetics and Technology management Ltd. The Technology Centre is a key national institution for the research and development infrastructure, and it carries out oriented research in the area of science, technologies and innovations. TC is a source of current information about European research, development and innovation.
The Technology Centre
- supports the participation of the Czech Republic in the European Research Area
- prepares analytical and conceptual studies for research and development
- performs international technology transfers
- supports the creation and development of small innovation firms
- National Information Centre for European Research
- Department of Business Development
- Department of Strategic Studies
- Czech Liaison Office for Research, Development and Innovation (CZELO) in Brussels
- Economic-Administration Department
- Business Incubator
The TC’s main target partners are the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS), Ministry of Industry and Trade (MIT) and the Research, Development and Innovation Council (RVVI). And also a number of supranational institutions - the European Commission, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (JRC). Since its founding, TC cooperates with practically the entire community of research and development institutions of the Czech Republic, with many foreign partners, prestigious universities and private enterprises.
These people work for Technology Centre AS CR